Tofu & Tomato Caprese Salad
- 1 Tomato
- ¼ package of Tofu
- ½ Onion. chopped
- 1 Ohba Leaf, julienned
- Pinch of Salted Kombu
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Karashi (Yellow Mustard)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Preferably Koikuchi) *1
- 2 Tbsp Grated Onion
- 1 Tbsp Grated Garlic
- 1 tsp Anchovy, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Peel tomato after steeping it in boiling water. Dry and cool it down.
Chop onion and put them in water. Drain and dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg yolk and karashi together.
- Add olive oil and rice vinegar gradually while mixing.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients into the bowl. Mix well.
Slice tomato and tofu.
Pour plenty of dressing and garnish with chopped onions, ohba leaves, and salt kombu.
*1 Learn the difference between "koikuchi (dark)" and "usukuchi (light)" soy sauces.