Teriyaki Chicken Scotch Eggs
- 2 Eggs
- ½ lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Scallion
- 2 Tbsp Katakuri Powder (Potato Starch)
- ½ Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Katakuri Powder
- ⅓ tsp Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp Sake
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic, grated
- Boil water in a small pot. Insert eggs and boil for 6 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water and cool them down in ice cold water. Peel the shell.
- Wipe the eggs with paper towel, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of katakuri powder on top.
Chop the scallions.
- In a medium bowl, place the ground chicken, scallions, and all of the seasonings and mix until the meat mixture is sticky.
- Take half of the meat mixture, place the boiled egg inside, and wrap the mixture around the egg. Make two of these. (Adding Vegetable oil to your hands makes it easier to wrap the mixture around the egg!)
- Pour and heat vegetable oil in pan, and place the two egg-meatballs inside. Roll them around in medium heat until it looks evenly crisp. Place a lid on top and cook for about 3 minutes on low heat to make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add all of the ingredients of teriyaki sauce and cover the meatballs with the sauce. Enjoy!