Sweet Potato Balls
- 1 small Sweet Potato (about 6 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Cut sweet potato into dice-sized cubes. Soak them in water for about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and dry sweet potatoes. In a small bowl, mix sweet potatoes and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Add flour and mix until it gets sticky. Add small amount of water to increase the stickiness if the potatoes don’t stick together.
- Divide the potatoes into half and make two bowls.
- Line the bottom of the bamboo steamer basket with parchment paper. Place potato balls on top.
- Place the steamer into the wok (or a pan or a pot that fits the steamer) and observe how deep it sits. Remove the steamer and add water to the wok until the water is just below where the steamer sits.
- Bring the water to a simmer on medium heat, do not let it boil.
- Place the bamboo steamer in the wok with the lid on. Let the steaming water cook the potato balls, for about 10 minutes.