Salmon & Vegetables with Miso Butter
Recipe by Chef Kaku (Wasan Brooklyn)
- 2 Salmon Filets (about 3 oz each)
- 3 leaves Cabbage
- ½ Red Peppers
- ¼ bunch Shimeji Mushrooms
- 1 Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Eryngii Mushrooms
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sake
- Olive Oil, for cooking
- Scallions, for garnishment
- Chop cabbage. Slice mushrooms.
- Heat small pot over medium heat with butter.
- Once butter melts, add garlic slice.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Turn off the heat and rest it aside.
- Heat frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Cook salmon for about 5 minutes.
- Add miso sauce and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and sake over medium heat, for about 2 minutes.
- Add salmon fillets and pour miso sauce and cook for about 1 minute.