Sakura Cherry Blossom Rice
- 1.5 cup Mochi Rice (Glutinous Rice)
- 1.5 cup Regular Rice
- 10-15 Salted Cherry Blossom Flowers
- ½ cup Water, for cherry blossom flowers
- 2 cup Water
- Pinch of Salt
- Drops of Red Food Color
- In a large bowl, combine mochi and regular rice. Rince well with water and soak them in water (outside of measurement) for about 1 hour. Drain water and set the rice aside.
Simultaneously, pour ½ cup of water in a small bowl and soak salted cherry blososm flowers. Take cherry blossoms out and set them aside, but keep the water.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- In a large oven safe bowl, pour 2 cup of water, ½ cup of water from step 1, salt, and red food color. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pour rice into the bowl and mix well. Cover with aluminum foil and place oven safe plate larger than the bowl to keep aluminum foil in place. Place it in the oven and cook for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, reduce temperature to 350F and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn off the oven but keep the bowl inside the oven for additional 10 minutes.
- Take the rice out and garnish with cherry blossom.