- 2 square cut Mochi
- 2/3 cup Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs) *1
- 2.5 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 tsp Matcha Powder Optional
- 1.5 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Water
- Preheat oven to 390F.
- Thinly slice mochi square with knife. The thinner you cut the mochi, the easier the process later.
- Put panko into a Ziploc bag and squeeze tight to seal air-free.
- Crush bread crumbs using rolling pin.
Open the Ziploc bag. Pour in milk slowly and gradually while blending milk and panko with your hand. Add sugar and mochi, and try to mix them together as much as possible by pressing your fingers onto mochi.
- Remove the dough from the bag and place it in the microwavable bowl. Cover with saran wrap and microwave it for 2 minutes (500W microwave).
- Remove the saran wrap. Place a new sheet of saran wrap directly on the dough. On top of the sran wrap, place a small towel (because the dough is really hot). Then, press down the dough with your hands so the mochi blends well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the dough is well mixed, make 32 ping-pong ball size round shapes. Place them on top of the lined baking sheet and make a donut shape by connecting 8 mini balls together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, mix sugar and water to create syrup
Once donuts are done, brush syrup on the donuts and sprinkle matcha powder.
*1 Learn about Japanese Panko here!