- 1/3 package Soft Tofu (4.5 oz)
- 1 cup Shiratama Powder (Glutinous Rice Flour)
- 2-3 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Katakuri Powder (Potato Starch)
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- In a small bowl, mix tofu and shiratama powder until smooth.
- Once the tofu and the powder form mochi-ish texture (about as firm as your cheek), roll into 15 small balls (a bit smaller than a ping-pong ball).
- Boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a small pot.
- Drop mochi balls into the boiling water and let it boil until the balls start to float to the top. Keep boiling for about 2-3 minutes; rotating balls occasionally so all sides get cooked.
- Drain mochi and cool them down with ice cold water.
- In a small pot, mix all the ingredients of “tare”.
- Heat over low-medium heat, continuously mixing, until thick.
- Dip the bamboo skewer in water and skewer three mochi balls.
- Pour tare over mochi balls and enjoy!