Meat Wrapped Teriyaki Onigiri
- Using plastic wrap, shape the rice into a barrel-shape. Make sure to mold it tightly. 2 cup of cooked rice makes about 6 rice balls.
- Wrap the pork belly around the rice ball until the rice is completely hidden.
- Once you finish wrapping all the rice balls, add vegetable oil in the pan and cook the wrapped rice balls by continuously turning them over.
- Once cooked, add sugar, soy sauce, sake, mirin, and minced garlic to the pan. Cook on medium heat until the sauce becomes thick. Keep turning rice balls over.
- Once the rice balls look thick and shiny, sprinkle some sesame seeds, and you’re done!