Matcha Green Tea Roll Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Whipping Cream
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1/3 cup Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1 drop Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 340F.
- Separate egg whites into one bowl and the yolks into another bowl.
- Beat the egg whites with electric mixer until foamy.
- Mix in sugar, vanilla extract, and whipping cream into the egg yolk and blend well with hand mixer.
- In the same bowl, sift in pancake mix, corn starch, and matcha powder. Mix well.
- Scoop 1/3 of the egg white foam and pour it into the bowl with the batter. Mix gently with a silicone spatula. Repeat until all the egg whites are blended with the batter.
- Line the cookie sheet with baking paper and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat all the ingredients of cream in a bowl and make firm whipped cream with an electric mixer. Put it in the refrigerator until later.
Take out the cake from the oven and stick a toothpick into the four corners of the cake. Make sure the toothpick comes out clean, otherwise, pop the cake back in the oven for additional 1-2 minutes. Rest it on the cooling rack until completely cool (otherwise whipped cream will melt).
Place saran wrap that’s longer than the cake itself on the table. Place the cake on top of the saran wrap.
Spread the whipped cream onto cake evenly.
Slowly roll the cake, holding the side edges of the saran wrap as a guide. Twist the side edges of the saran wrap and rest it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Cut the cake into your desired thickness and enjoy!