Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- 2/3 lb Chicken Thigh
- 2 clove Garlic, grated
- 1 slice Ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp Sake
- 1.5 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Oil
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Katakuriko (Potato Starch)
- Get chicken out and cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix garlic, ginger, sake and soy sauce together in one large plastic bag.
- Add chicken into the plastic bag and mix well.
- Put the bag in the fridge and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Take the bag out of fridge.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all purpose flour and katakuriko together.
- Take a piece of chicken, dunk it in the flour mixture, then dunk it in the egg mixture. Then, put it in the flour mixture again.
- Repeat for the other chicken pieces.
Fill half of the frying pan with cooking oil over medium heat.
Start frying the chicken, about 5 minutes in each side, or until chicken is fully cooked inside.
Lay out a piece of paper towel and put the finished fried chicken on it to get rid of the oil.
Enjoy with lettus salad and a slice of lemon!