Halloween Spooky Mochi Ghost
- In a microwavable container, mix shiratama powder and water. Then, mix granulated sugar.
- Close the container with saran wrap, and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Take out the container and mix well with spoon. Reuse the saran wrap and microwave it again for 1 more minute.
- Take out the container and mix well until sticky.
- Sprinkle katakuri powder on a tabletop surface and lay the mochi on top. Sprinkle more powder on top of the mochi.
- Roll out the mochi by hand or with a rolling pin to a rectangular shape, about the size of a typical cutting board, about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Cut the mochi into 8 square parts.
- Roll red bean paste with your hands to make a round shape about the size of a golf ball.
- Half cover the red bean paste ball with mochi square, and make the shape of a ghost.
Draw faces on mochi with chocolate decorating pen.