Grilled Duck with Teriyaki Sauce
Recipe by Chef Kaku (Wasan Brooklyn)
- ¾ lb Duck Breast
- Plenty of Salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- Brussels Sprouts
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove extra fat and fiber from duck breast. Apply plenty of salt on the skin of the duck breast and rest it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take the breast out. Wash and drain. Lightly score skin lengthwise, making cuts about ¼ inch apart.
- Cut all the vegetables except for cherry tomatoes as you like. Boil over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Cook duck breast, skin side down, until skin is lightly browned.
- Move duck breast onto parchment paper lined pan. Add vegetables around the duck and bake in the oven for 7 minutes (duck breast skin side down).
- Flip the breast and bake additional 2 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and rest it for about 5 minutes.
- Slice duck breast. Collect the juices from the meat (about 1-2 Tbsp).
- Place all the ingredients of sauce on frying pan and add the juice as well. Cook over high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Plate duck breast and vegetables. Pour sauce and enjoy!