Cucumber Sushi Rolls with Shiso & Miso
- 8 leaves Shiso
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Sushi Rice *1
- 1 Cucumber, julienned
- 2 Sushi Nori
Shiso Miso Paste
- Wash the shiso leaves and chop them finely.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for shiso leaves.
- Heat the small pan over low heat. Lightly cook the paste.
- Add shiso leaves and continue cooking until shiso leaves are soft and tender.
- Cool it down and keep it in the container. (This paste can last up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Other uses include: on toast, on rice, on tofu, etc).
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of shiso miso and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Spread out makisu (bamboo mat) and place sushi nori on top. *2
- Spread rice on top. Make sure to leave about ¼ inch space on the top side of the nori.
- Place 4 shiso leaves, shiso miso mayonnaise mix, and cucumber in the center.
Roll the sushi and leave until the rice and seaweed stick together. Cut with knife.