- 1 Grapefruit
- 0.5 lb Red Seabream (Sashimi Grade), sprinkle salt *1
- ¼ tsp Salt (for seabream)
- ¼ tsp Salt (for jello mixture)
- ¼ tsp Soy Sauce (Preferably Usukuchi) *2
- ⅓ tsp Gelatin Powder
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Small amount of Chives (OPTIONAL)
- Small amount of Edible Flowers
Remove skin from the fish and slice it thinly. Sprinkle some salt on top of it. Keep refrigerated until later.
Cut grapefruit in half. Squeeze one half and make 3Tbsp of fresh juice.
In a small pot, mix grapefruit juice, salt, and soy sauce. Bring to boil over medium heat. Turn off heat and set it aside.
In a separate pot, mix water and gelatin powder. Bring to boil over medium heat. Mix well while heating up.
Pour gelatin water into the grapefruit mixture.
Place the bowl in a bigger bowl full of ice. Mix well until the mixture is cool to touch and has a gooey texture.
- Cut the other half of grapefruit in round slices.
Dip red seabream in the jello and place it on top of the sliced grapefruit. Repeat until all the seabream slices are on the grapefruit.
Place more jello on top if needed. Pour olive oil and sprinkle pepper to taste. Garnish with chives and edible flowers.