Cherry Blossom Raindrop Cake
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ cup Sake
- 1 tsp Agar Powder
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Salted Cherry Blossoms
- Large Bowl full of Ice Cubes
- Wash salted cherry blossoms well with water to remove excessive salt.
- In a small bowl, soak cherry blossoms in sake.
- In a small pot, heat water, sugar and agar over low heat. Mix well.
- Remove the pot from the stove right before water boils.
- Remove cherry blossoms from sake and set them aside.
- Slowly add sake into the pot while mixing.
- Place the pot into the large bowl full of ice cubes and let it cool for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a silicone large round ice cube tray, using a funnel. Don’t fill each cube all the way to the top. Fill each one about 60%-70%. (This recipe should fill 2 trays).
- Cool it down in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Place sake-soaked cherry blossom on top and enjoy!