Bamboo Steamer - Pork Belly and Vegetables
- 4 leaves Napa Cabbage
- 1/3 pack Enoki Mushroom
- 2 oz Pumpkin
- 4 oz Spinach
- 1-2 Scallions
- Handful of Bean Sprouts
- 12 slices Skinless Pork Belly, thinly sliced
- 2.5 cup Dashi Broth *1
- Cut Napa cabbage leaves in half. Slice pumpkin and cut scallions into 1-inch length. Wash and drain bean sprouts and spinach. Cut pork belly in half if they are too long.
- Cut the roots from enoki mushroom and separate into small pieces by hand.
- Line one basket of bamboo steamer with Napa cabbage leaves. Place half of pork belly on the leaves. Sprinkle 1/3 of spinach on top.
- Line another basket with bean sprouts and the rest of the spinach. Place enoki mushrooms and sprinkle in the scallions. Then, place the rest of the pork belly and place pumpkin on top.
- Place the steamer into the wok (or a pan or a pot that fits the steamer) and observe how deep it sits. Remove the steamer and add dashi broth to the wok until the broth is just below where the steamer sits.
- Bring the broth to a simmer on medium heat, do not let it boil.
- Place the bamboo steamer in the wok with the lid on. Let the warm dashi cook the food, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bamboo steamer from the wok and serve.
*1 Get the recipe: Dashi