Do you love ramen but don’t know how to prepare it at home? You’re in luck.
You can simply start by buying this maruchan ramen kit that you can get on Amazon. This ramen kit is quite popular in Japan, and is very different from maruchan instant chicken noodle you see at typical US grocery stores. Although we still recommend using fresh ramen noodles (if you can find them at local Asian/Japanese markets) and prepare soup stock yourself, this maruchan ramen kit tastes quite authentic.
Check out our super simple recipe to make authentic ramen noodles in your kitchen.
What Toppings Should I Use?
- Boiled spinach (just pop in boiling water for 2-3 minutes)
- Hard boiled egg (see recipe here)
- Chopped scallions
- Cooked thick ham or pork belly (check out cha-shu pork recipe here!)
- Boil 2 and 1/2 cups of water over high heat.
- Once the water has come to a roiling boil, reduce heat to medium and add the noodles to the boiling water.
- Let the noodles float on the surface for one minute, without touching or stirring.
- After 1 minute, flip the noodle block once using a fork or chopsticks.
- Then take the chopsticks or fork and begin gently separating the noodles.
- Let the noodles cook for 2 more minutes. Total cook time for the noodles is 3 minutes.
- While the noodles are still cooking, pour the flavor packet into a small serving bowl.
- Once the noodles have finished cooking, pour the cooking water into the bowl with the flavor packet and stir to mix together. Do not discard any of the cooking water as it forms the bulk of the soup broth.
- Add the noodles to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the prepared toppings to the top of the noodle mixture and enjoy!